Idea by: Scriptor.
MQL5 code by: Vladimir Karputov.
The EA trades by the Doji pattern:
At the same time, you can set the candlestick body size in the "Size of a body of a candle (Open Close)" parameter.
The EA analyzes bar #2 and bar #1 when a new bar appears. If bar #2 is Doji, then the following signals are checked:
- close#1 > high#2 → signal for opening a BUY;
- close#1 < low#2 → signal for opening a SELL.
- Lots (if "0" → the parameter "Risk" will be used) - a lot value that is set manually. If you set to "0", then the parameter of "Risk" will work, i.e., risk in percents of free margin per a trade;
- Stop Loss (in pips) - Stop Loss; if you set it to "0", the parameter will be disabled;
- Take Profit (in pips) - Take Profit; if you set it to "0", the parameter will be disabled;
- Trailing Stop (in pips) - trailing, if you set it to "0", the parameter will be disabled;
- Trailing Step (in pips) - trailing step;
- Risk (if "0" → the parameter "Lots" will be used) - risk in percents of free margin per trade;
- Size of a candle (Open Close) - candlestick body size;
- magic number - unique identifier for the EA.
If "Size of a candle" = 0, then there will be just a few trades (about 15-30) on H1 over the year, and profitability as follows:
If you set this parameter to 1, then the number of trades will increase tenfold, and the profit will be distributed as follows: